Well, I must tell you about ours. When G-Ma was a little girl her parents would make Swedish Potato Sausage for Christmas. My Dad grew up making it, I grew up making it...and now are girls are growing up making it too. This year we did it at our house...will my kitchen ever be the same?!? :)

You start by peeling 30 lbs (yes 30!) of Potatoes

Then cut up a ton of onions (killer on your eyes!)


Then you drink a beer...oh wait- not sure that was in the recipe!
But we added it :)

Next, you grind all the onions
This is done with G-Ma's parents original grinder, made in the late 1800 or early 1900's

Then you grind all the potatoes.
Dan married into this-poor guy! :)

Ground pork is then added to the mix

....and a lot of spice!

Now comes the gross part- thankfully Dad like this part!
smooshing... gooshing... mixing everything together

That's right Peyton- Gross! :)
(not sure anyone will want to eat this after seeing how it is made-hehe)

The next you use a press (another original- which is now 3-legged) to make the links

spreading a part the casings


Press is ready to go.
Meat in the press and casing on the tube

...and the cranking has begun!


Done! Look good to you?

The girls were very interested this year.....


They had quite the production line going on

5 hours later, they were done (I say they, because I did not help this year-hehehe)
27 quart Ziploc bags were filled
No comments:
Post a Comment