Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary! 9 years ago....

July 13th we got married in Seattle. It is amazing to think about what we have done in the last 9 years....it has gone by very fast. I surprised Dan with a Sunset Kayak tour through Lake Union into the Puget Sound. The weather was forecasting rain, thunderstorms & cold. I was so worried about the weather, but some how- the blue sky and sun came out for us and it was a beautiful night!



Hopping into the kayak in Lake Union




On the water with Seattle behind us




Approaching the Ballard Locks




Inside the locks. Leaving Lake Union (water goes down) and entering the Puget Sound. I was nervous about this part, but it was easy and super fun. We just held onto the tie up buttons on the wall as the water went down.




Locks opening up into Puget Sound




Heading out to sea...heheh. It was so cool to head into the saltwater. The water temp was a little colder and the smell of the sea air was invigorating.




VERY IRONIC- as we got out of the locks, we realized we were heading up towards Shilshole Bay....which is where we had our wedding reception! So funny that 9 years ago we were inside celebrating in a wedding dress & Tux and today we were wet outside with spray skirts on in a little kayak on another adventure. The building above with the green awning is where we had our reception.

A rainbow even came out!


Shilshole Bay Marina


2.5 hour trip on the water. What an amazing trip! I can't wait to do it again. I could not ask for a better partner to share my life adventure with. I love you more than you will ever know Dan. Thanks for an amazing last 9 years (well, really 20 years!). Looking forward to 75 more! xoxo- Ames



No comments: